Saturday, October 5, 2019

Miracle

So quiet
under soft midnight eyes.
Somewhere, behind the sleeping forest
I know you’re not sleeping
you smile.

How come?
Mayhap of the golden hair?
Or the gleam on the forehead?
Or the burning cheeks
and the frightened look when I see you?

Do not say -
just caress me with the silence,
in a flash
with a tender look
filling it with completeness.

Beyond words,
the marginal expressions
wonders may happen
if you still
do you still believe

In the other world,
not like this one,
the one living in hearts
feeding on faith
and our beauty?

Never to cease loving,
never forget what you hope for
to fulfill the rarest of days
with a joy
you never speak of.

So quiet
under soft midnight eyes.
Somewhere, behind the sleeping forest
I don’t sleep, I am thinking
with all tenderness that I have.


28.06.2010

No comments:

God After Auschwitz

  The Problem of Evil        Starting this essay, I remind myself of the gravity and difficulty which is set by those two words and their co...