Saturday, October 5, 2019

I close my eyes

The snow is falling, falling
I don't see a thing
The white snow
is falling, falling
and it no longer hurts

That I feel like a stranger
in this world
And that
its unmerciful light
doesn’t warm me

Golden, yellow leaves
appearing on roads
First grey hair
on mine
the weirdest of all

The winter is coming
Will they survive?
How I wish
you would touch
my wet cheeks right now

Kiss
my eyes tired
Put your
scarred hands
on mine

The summer apples are ripe
Time to say goodbye
to the green
meadows
let go of the snowbirds

Cover me, winter
with dreams of spring
for primroses
to raise from the dead
after our dying

13.8.2009

No comments:

God After Auschwitz

  The Problem of Evil        Starting this essay, I remind myself of the gravity and difficulty which is set by those two words and their co...